Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Proverbs 17:17

So I was thinking...that God has blessed me with an amazing group of friends.  I am lucky to be surrounded by encouraging and uplifting friends. Throughout the past week I have been able to spend time with some of these friends. Last Saturday, my best friend Catherine came into town for the annual Alpha Psi Rodeo.  Loving the chance to french braid my hair and wear cowboy boots we decided join the fun, along with the rest of Auburn.
Rodeo ready with Miriam and Catherine.  
Catherine is from my hometown and we have been friends more than 10 years. She is truly one that I go to with every problem or piece of exciting news. Miriam is another good friend that I met at college through my best friend Morgan. Miriam comes over to our house weekly to watch Glee together! Also at the Rodeo was my friend Whitney; Whitney and I met in the third grade and have gone through it all (from matching outfits on picture day to the hardships of being separated by different colleges) Last year she transferred here which made me so happy.
 Catherine and I also attended the Rodeo to see our good friend Blake Shelton 
and sing along to some of our favorite songs!

The next day I put away my cowboy boots and travelled to Birmingham to spend the day at my friend Meg's wedding tea.  Meg and I met freshman year through our sorority and found a connection that has remained through our four years together. I am lucky to have her and honored to be a bridesmaid in her June wedding.
Ally, a fellow bridesmaid; the bride, our friend Sarah, and myself at Meg's tea.

After an action packed weekend, I returned to school bright and early Monday morning to teach my seven and eight year olds.  It was a good but long week and I was excited for Friday to arrive.  Yesterday, was our sorority's Braves date game and I was excited because it meant that I got to see my good friend Gaines and also my sister and brother in law. However, mother nature interfered with our plans. We had a horrible thunderstorm that actually produced a tornado near here.  So our Braves trip ended up being us riding buses to Atlanta to spend an hour in the stadium enjoying ballpark food and Dip n Dots, and then returning to the buses to ride home after the game was called on account of bad weather. This bad weather also hindered my sister and her husband from attending the game and getting to see us. However, the bus ride did allow for Gaines and I to catch up on our friendship since he goes to college in Birmingham. 
Still smiling even through the tornado warnings!
Mariglenn and her boyfriend Kenneth joined us on this adventure. Mariglenn and I were meant to meet each other in college, and my life has been blessed ever since with a dorm roommate and a great friend who has a great way of listening and understanding me. 

As Proverbs 17:17 says a "true friend loves at all times." As I said before I have been blessed with some amazing friends.  We are all growing up and graduating from college, but I know that wherever we go our friendship will always be there.

Here are some quotes that I found that reminded me of my friends:
"True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable." - Dave Tyson Gentry
"It takes a long time to grow an old friend." - John Leonard
"A good friend is cheaper than therapy."

~Rachel  


No comments:

Post a Comment