Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Faith of a Child

This week was a tough one to say the least. Most people think that four-day weeks are easy, but they don't realize that we have to fit five days of a reading program into those four days. Plus on top of only four days, we started the LONG A. Ahh its a challenge having to teach child to switch their short a to a long a, but one moment this week made everything so worth the stress!

I had a free second in-between small groups, so I went over to straighten up my classroom library. Two of my boys were working on an Autumn ABC order activity. As I started listening to their conversation something caught my ear that made my heart shine inside. 
MN- "He died for us, right?
SC- "Right, He is the one that died for us?
(Oh, the joy that filled me!)
Miss A- "SC, what are yall talking about?"
SC- "Jesus." (said just like he was talking about the weather:))
Miss A- "What were yall saying?"
SC- "I was singing a song, 'My Jesus conquered the grave' that we sing 
at my church and so we started talking about Him"

Needless to say, this made my day/week. This came from a child who I consistently have to redirect and keep on task, but it was a reminder for me that God is keeping SC and my whole class in His hands this year. This was a great picture for me to reflect on this week as well. Is my faith like...
the faith of a child. 
The faith that is never hindered by worry, or stress, that truly is completely directed toward our Lord and Savior. What a great reminder to set our hearts on things above, because He did conquer the grave.


Other classroom happenings. 
 Welcome to Proper Noun Town.
Instead of our not that interesting SF pages, we created our own towns using only proper nouns. 
 This child's proper noun and noun town were in Idaho, where he was born. He told me that they didn't have schools in Idaho. (His mother and I decided that it was because he was too little to go to school that he thought there were no schools. ha!)
 Welcome to Noun Town! 
             This town had many intersections!            Notice the rope, in the rope swing, this and the         hotel was created all by herself, 
we didn't brainstorm this idea!
FALL flip books
 F-football, friends and festivals, A-apples, acorns, and Autumn
 Our fall bulletin board for grandparents day!
 In the fall leaves fall. I like to jump in the leaves. You have to rake the leaves. 
In the fall it is cold. Fall has Halloween and Thanksgiving!
Our first time with the complete writing process, I think it went pretty well!
 In the fall leaves fall. We have to rake them. They change colors. When they change the 
weather gets cooler. The birds fly south. Halloween and Thanksgiving are in the fall. 
 Tear apart fall trees. 

Well I am off to cheer on my Auburn Tigers! It's not Fall in Auburn without football and Momma G's!
War Eagle!
~Miss Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment