Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Another week bites the dust!

It's hard to believe that we have been in school for 37 days! We are just one week away from the end of the first nine weeks, which means next week is Unit tests! We have been very busy lately and let me tell you my room looks like a barn...literally. We have just ended our farm unit, so Room A9 is covered with our animal creations. 
We are working on the short vowel sounds so the hen and pig wheels were great for word families. We even had a  horse come visit our school to make our Farm Unit come alive!
Meet Graham!
We have parent/teacher conference coming up and I wanted to have a great sample of each child's writing on my "All Star Work" board, so this week we started the writing process. Our topic: FALL! Pinterest helped me create my latest addition to my classroom, our writing process pencil!
The kids loved getting to move their name down the pencil to mark which stage they were in!!

My kids love to talk! We have had numerous conversations on when and where it is appropriate to talk and so on but we must just have a lot to say. Here are some things that made me smile this week: (yes they were said while I was talking or when they were supposed to be working but I still got a giggle)

1. I think I have an allergy in my eye.
2. You went to college! You are only like 16.
3. Look at my Baa Baa Black sheep, I colored him white!

To help with our talking issue, with the help of who else but Pinterest, I developed this:

I have a different mystery word each week. If children are quiet during work and transition time, I reveal a letter, but if we are talking I silently go up and flip a letter back over. Sadly, as you can tell this week we did not get our prize. Can you guess what it was?

I will leave you with some exciting news! I have been teaching for almost two months without being paid (the life of a first year teacher!) and I have been waiting on this:
 My first paycheck! 
Sorry it's a little blurry, I had to use self-timer, ha
Also, I got two gifts this week. If you are questioning what the yellow gift is, let me just tell you. According to SS its "flowers she picked for me" a.k.a POLLEN!
 Good thing I had allergy medicine handy!

~Miss Anderson 





No comments:

Post a Comment