Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Saturday, September 12, 2015

First Week Books & a few Classroom Updates!

Well I think it's about time to get back to this blogging thing. I started my fifth year of teaching a month ago and I'm blessed to still love my job everyday. I love the first few weeks of school and all the fun activities we get to do. Here are some of the books that I use. 
Mouse's first day of school and I went walking.  We use the later to take a tour of the school and then write about what we saw when we went walking. 

This one is my absolute favorite.  Max Lucado tells a wonderful story about how the more we trust in The Father's love the less we care about others thoughts of us. 
This rhyming book is one that discusses the excitement of school and making new friends. 
 
First Day Jitters is a classic and must be read while drinking Jitter Juice. 

I also make number posters with my group every year! They love making me draw funny pictures like 5 swirls, 7 helicopters, or 11 swords. 
This year brought a few changes to my class library.  I made some new labels for my leveled books and my genre boxes. 


My dad also helped me build this great window seat. I added some blue cushions to sit on top and the kiddos love getting to read in this reading corner!! 
I'll be back soon with another update! 

No comments:

Post a Comment