Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Sunday, March 11, 2012

We're off to Great Places! Dr. Seuss Week(s)

So I decided that just one week of Dr. Seuss was not enough so we had Seussical fun for two weeks in Room A9. We started off by reading some favorite classics. We recorded our favorite part in our Cat in the Hat hat booklet.
Here are my examples: 
 
We also did the Lorax on the 2nd in honor of the movie coming out, but I forgot to snap a pic of it!

On Friday we made Oobleck 
We learned that it is a non-neutonium fluid as we studied the state of matter. 
We wrote about our experiment and completed a Venn diagram on solids and liquids.
The Lunchroom served Green eggs and Ham.

Our math tubs revolved around One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, with 
Goldfish graphing, coloring fish patterns, and number words match. 

We ended our Dr. Seuss fun with these fun Thing One and Thing Two cupcakes!
Yes, that is a  Valentine cake mix, but cake mix doesn't go bad and when it's on sale for 60 cents, a teacher's budget smiles! Add a little cotton candy and a sticker : )


Today you are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive that is youer than you!
~Dr. Seuss

~Miss Anderson 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cupcakes!! How cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of this! How cool is it that your lunchroom served green eggs and ham!

    I am the newest follower of your adorable blog! I am a 1st grade teacher who feels blessed that God has called me to serve Him through the kiddos I teach.

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete