Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Friday, March 22, 2013

Five for Friday 3.3

It's finally SPRING BREAK for this 1st grade teacher!
fiveforfriday




1. We are on chapter 9 of Go-Math which is all about Measurement and my kids have LOVED it. I made them each a measurement bag (10 cm cubes, 10 paperclips, 15 unifix cubes) that they use during the day and take home to complete homework. We measured everything in our room from the length of our desk to the height of our loft and the width of our room. Here are some friends using their tools. 
2. As mentioned last week, I went to Nashville over the weekend and had a great time with great friends celebrating St. Patty's day. 
 3. I LOVE 1st grade! I came back in on Tuesday only to find 20 amazing notes about how much I was missed. I felt like a celebrity when my kids came in as well because they acted like they had not seen me in years!
4. I forgot to mention this last week but if you remember my funny story about buying 6 boxes of Lucky Charms you will be happy to know that we used them! We graphed the marshmallows last Friday and then got to eat them during our Friday movie time! We loved "tasting the rainbow"

5. This week we studied flowers and so we watched how colored water moved through celery like it moves through flower stems and made these fun label projects. 
After Spring Break we are making "bunny contractions" and band-aids for our "ow" words. 

Well I am off to my long, much needed break! Happy Friday!
~Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love kid notes, they are the best. Enjoy your break.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. We graphed Lucky Charms this week also!! So much fun and such a sweet treat!

    Em

    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete