Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why a Teacher? Linky

Thanks Mrs. Reed for this great linky party.
 

This week's questions:
1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?
I grew up in a family of teachers, professional development happened every night at my dinner table as we heard the latest development in my Momma's classroom. (FYI: Best teacher and Mom I know, Happy Mother's Day!) I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, just refer to my Kindergarten writing that said so; however, in high school I started to question it because when I told people I was going to be a teacher everyone would say "Oh because your mom and sister are" 
Now this is not a bad thing, my mom and sister are the best teachers I know, but I wanted to make sure that this was my choice. So after prayer and reflection I knew this was my path: to mold young minds everyday, teaching about Christ + some first grade standards. 

2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
Getting to eat cupcakes on all the birthdays! (jk..well, I am a sweetaholic!)
Last year I had a little boy who came to me not knowing his sounds, needless to say being a first year teacher this made me extremely nervous but God led the way and my little L learned how to read and how to love school. This was a message he wrote me and our reading coach(Mrs. Planz). I still tear up every time I read it. This is why my (35 hour week) turns into 60, because being the best for each student and encouraging them is the reason God made me a teacher. 
 
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
Not really sure, but here is a list of possibilities:
1. baker
2. missionary
3. interior design
4. children's book author/illustrator
5. stay at home mom (when I find prince charming ha)
6. photographer/crafter

Thanks for dropping in! 
9 more school days! 
24 days till I'm back to the Philippines!
~Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. oooh you've got heaps of other options if you weren't a teacher! The only one I could think of was a mum!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I see that a lot, families of teachers...but I always feel like an oddball because no one in my family teaches! I agree, you have lost of other job possibilities lol.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete