Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Turning the page

So I was thinking....that packing is not my favorite thing to do, and currently that is what my days are consumed by.  Looking back over the past four years I have had to move all of my things four different times, and here I am about to embark on my fifth move.  All of these moves have been from home to "the loveliest village on the plains" however, they all were to different locations: two dorm rooms, an apartment, and a cute little house.  I am returning to my home away from home on Saturday to turn the next page in my book; however, this time I will be out in the real world with a wonderful teaching job and all of the lovely bills that come along with living on your own.  It's crazy how much people charge for things, my paycheck after bills seems to get smaller and smaller.  However, I hope to be a couponer/ saver of money so I can save to go overseas, with missions in mind. So in need of a budget, I knew just who to call.  This will be a new experience for me but with my elaborate budget spreadsheet (thanks to my brother-in-law, the financial guru) in hand, I am ready to take this leap and start the next chapter in my life: Growing into Adulthood.

Monday, I will start a workshop that will help me learn all there is to know about my school district, and I will try and complete my classroom as well as decorate my house; so its a busy week ahead.  The next week brings first grade screening as well as my first official day of work at Ogletree! 

I am full of emotions about this next chapter: I'm joyful, full of excitement, and also a little bit nervous.  I believe that I have a passion for teaching and that this is the right path for me.  I find joy in all of the children's faces, reward from knowing and hoping I have made a difference, and encouragement when I help a child know they are special; however, having full responsibility for a classroom makes me a little weak at the knees. I am praying for this next stage in my life and I know God will give me the ability to do His work in the classroom.  This assurance has helped me wane the nerves I have and turn them into praise, because God has been so good to me! I am so blessed to have a job in this economy and to have this job in a town that I love. So I hope you keep up with this next journey in my life, as I walk with the Lord and see where He leads me! 

~Rachel 

1 comment:

  1. You are such a grown up now ! And you will be a fabulous teacher :) Did you take that book photo?? I haven't seen you sign up for my Photography Challenge...

    ReplyDelete