Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Monday, August 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Brownies...food for the soul

So I was thinking...that baking makes a lazy weekend fun.  This weekend I took a break from all of the hustle and bustle of teaching, making lesson plans, and fixing up the townhouse and...well rested! When I was able to sleep past 6 AM I was thrilled and spent most of the day Saturday catching up on rest and reading. Still working my way through the old testament, and enjoying it more each day. I also filled this weekend with baking. The recipe came from Pinterest and when I saw it on my new favorite site I just couldn't pass it up. The delicious Peanut Butter Brownies.
 The recipe is so easy. Start with a just a normal brownie recipe. 


 Melt Peanut Butter and pour on top and then top with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips!
     As delicious as the brownies were, the conversations that they brought were even more delicious! First I shared them with my camp friends at our weekly get together. My time with Mrs. I always lifts my spirit and makes my week start off with a high. Last night I got to spend some time with two of her girls star gazing and jumping around on the trampoline.
      Today, my yummy brownies brought great conversations from some childhood friends. My hometown friends came over to help me devour these brownies and my time with them brought lots of laughter and a great time to catch up on where our paths are taking us. Its so great to have good friends who are all working towards the same goal of following God's plan. I was blessed to have these friends support me in my hometown and am now still blessed to have them support me in my new teaching, I'm a big girl now life. Who knew that yummy chocolate and sugar could feed the soul.

Hope everyone has a great week!
~Rachel

2 comments: