So I was thinking...how blessed I am to grow up in a two parent home. Being surrounded by teaching and school systems my whole life, I am sadly realizing how common it is for children to come from a divorced home. My sister's photography challenge this week was: Someone You Love. I had many choices that I could choose from, however living two hours from family it was hard to take one this week, so I went to my albums to search for someone I love. Here is what I found:
This is my dad, taken on a mission trip that we went on together after my senior year in high school. For this challenge, we had a trailer that was tilted (visibly uneven) well with a lot of hard work we were able to completely level it and added some insulation siding on the bottom.
Pretty proud of our results!
But back to the topic, of someone I love. My dad is a pretty quiet person, well compared to my mom, sister and me who can talk enough for all of us; but when he talks, you listen and learn. There are many things that I have learned from this incredible person.
1. Family is important. Be there for them in whatever way you can.
2. Follow the Lord, he will direct your path. Spend time in His Word and make sure your decisions and actions reflect this.
3. Give with everything you have: your time, money, prayers, and love. My dad is one of the most giving people that I know. Giving most of his vacation days to go on mission trips and help out in literally WHATEVER needs to be done, he is the first one there and the last one to leave.
4. Do your best in everything, don't leave a project if you can do it better. (If you know me, this is where I get the perfectionist gene)
5. Love for the Auburn Tigers, War Eagle!
And so much more!
I am continually shown how blessed I am and I am thankful to the Lord, my heavenly Father, who has blessed my family in the tough times and the celebration times, all glory and praise to Him.
~Hope you are finding many things to be thankful for in this season of Thanksgiving.