Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Momma!

So I was thinking... that I'm blessed with an amazing mom. I'm also blessed that today is her birthday and I get to spend another great year with her.

Moms are an amazing blessings; I've been reading 'Kisses from Katie' and how she became a mother to 14 precious girls from Uganda and their stories touch my heart and help me realize even more how blessed I am that I've had my mom for 23 years. I love her quote that says

"Mommy says 'I'll trust you' Mommy means 'you'll protect me' Mommy is for shouting when you need someone dependable and for laughing with when you are excited. Mommy is for crying on and cuddling with when you are sad or giggling and hiding behind when you are embarrassed...mender of broken hearts...a comfort place, a safe place" -Katie Davis

My momma is and has been the one that protects me and I trust to help lead me. The one that first showed me true love so I could understand even more God's love. The one I shared my exciting firsts from this past school year with and the one who comforts my tears and broken hearts. I KNOW that I could have not made it through these past couple of years without her and I'm beyond blessed that God allowed me to be her daughter.

Happy Birthday Momma! I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the Philippines.
~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment